Who needs marketing? That seems like a silly question in today’s hyper-competitive marketing-driven world, right? Of course, every business needs marketing—good marketing, driven by smart strategic thinking. The better questions are: “What are the best marketing tactics to employ?” And, “Who will do the best marketing—a marketing agency or an in-house marketing employee?”
Key Questions to Ask
Knowing that no business owner, no matter how smart nor hard-working can do everything himself/herself, it is important to ask these questions in determining whether to hire a marketing agency or an in-house employee:
- What are the expectations and requirements?
- What capabilities and tools must be possessed?
- What budget is available?
- Which will produce the results that your business needs?
- Which will require the most attention, training, and other resources for support?
- Which will provide the most output consistency?
Hiring a Marketing Agency
Hiring a marketing agency can offer:
- Comprehensive experience and skills.
- Professional solutions powered by the collective wisdom of a larger complete team.
- Defined and controlled costs.
A marketing agency can provide both broad and deep skills in specific areas including:
- Content creation
- Social media
- Pay Per Click marketing
- Web Design
- An ability to access and produce new ideas
- Scalability of service
- Measurable results
- Broader provision of professional tools
- An effective process of bringing all marketing together
Hiring a Marketing Employee
Hiring an in-house marketing employee ensures closer access. The employee will be right down the hall and available every day for immediate project updates and answers to questions. An employee will be more involved with daily procedures and in-touch with other team members, as well as being constantly updated with company news and information.
The drawbacks may be limited experience, perspective, and time as well as the costs of recurring hiring and training.
Get Expert Marketing Assistance
Contact Anchor Digital Marketing Group, based in Jacksonville, FL to get more out of your marketing. We offer a full range of professional marketing services to help small businesses reach their true potential.